FILIPINO STYLE CHICKEN CURRY recipe:
1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
3 medium size potatoes, peeled, quartered and fried
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into big squares
2-3 tbsps. curry powder
2 cups coconut milk
1 cup water or chicken broth
1 large onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. fish sauce (patis)
2-3 tbsps. cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook FILIPINO STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
Procedure and cooking instructions:
1. Pan fry potatoes then set aside.
2. In the same pan using the same cooking oil (add if needed), fry the chicken pieces until light brown in color then set aside and remove excess oil, leave only a teaspoon.
3. In the same pan over medium flame, saute garlic, onion until translucent then put back the fried chicken pieces.
4. Add curry powder then season with patis, salt and pepper. Stir for 2-5 minutes then add water and let it boil.
5. Put coconut milk and fried potatoes. Simmer for at least 1o-15 minutes until the sauce thicken, meat is tender and almost drying.
6. Add red bell pepper and seasoning according to your taste and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and put in a serving plate with plain rice.
- How to cook ARROZ CALDO (Broth/Soup Rice)
- How to make BUKO FRUIT SALAD (Filipino dessert)
- How to bake CASSAVA CAKE (Filipino dessert)
- How to cook GINATAANG BILO-BILO (Rice Balls with Coconut Milk)
- How to make HALO-HALO (Filipino cold dessert mix)
- How to cook LECHE FLAN (Philippine version)
- ADOBONG KANGKONG (WATER SPINACH)
- ADOBONG MANOK (Filipino National Dish)
- ADOBONG PUSIT
- BEEF STEAK
- FILIPINO STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
- GINISANG AMPALAYA NA MAY ITLOG (sauteed bittermelon with egg)
- GINISANG MUNGGO (Sauteed Mung Beans)
- GINISANG UPO (Sauteed White Squash)
- KARE-KARE (Filipino dish - stew)
- MECHADO (Filipino style)
- PAKBET or PINAKBET (Ilocano dish)
- PANCIT BIHON GUISADO
- PANCIT PALABOK
- PHILIPPINE SPRING ROLLS (Lumpiang Shanghai)
- PORK BINAGOONGAN
- SINIGANG NA BANGUS (Filipino soup dish)
- SINIGANG NA HIPON
- SINIGANG NA TILAPIA (Tilapia fish sour soup)
- SPAGHETTI (Filipino Style)
ALPHABETICAL LISTING OF ALL MY BLOGS