PHILIPPINE SPRING ROLLS (Lumpiang Shanghai) recipe:
1 kg ground pork
1 pack spring roll wrapper
1 big size onion, minced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium size carrots, chopped or grated
1 small size red bell pepper, minced
1 cup celery leaves, finely chopped
2-3 tbsp. soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook PHILIPPINE SPRING ROLLS (Lumpiang Shanghai):
Procedure and Instructions in Making and Cooking Lumpia (spring roll):
1. In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except spring roll wrapper and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then mix thoroughly until all ingredients are well-blended. To check the right taste of lumpia mixture, make one spring roll and fry it to know if it needs more adjustment with the seasoning.
2. Lay one wrapper in a plate, then get 1 teaspoonful of the lumpia mixture, fill and form the mixture (as shown in the picture) in the center of the wrapper. This depends on the size of your wrapper, I'm using the small size of wrapper so I only put 1 teaspoon. Don't put too much filling if you want your meat cooked.
3. Take the bottom end of the wrapper and fold toward the center then fold left and right sides and roll towards the center tightly. Moisten the top edge using water to seal the wrapper, some use beaten egg instead of water to seal the wrapper but both could seal the wrapper. Make sure all sides are sealed so that the filling won't come out when frying.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you finish wrapping the mixture filling.
5. In a pan, heat enough oil to deep fry the lumpia until golden brown. Keep an eye on it because it fry easily.
6. When the lumpia is golden brown take out from the pan and put in a strainer to drip the oil or in a plate with paper towel.
7. Serve freshly fried with ketchup or your favorite sweet and sour or hot sauce.
- How to cook ARROZ CALDO (Broth/Soup Rice)
- How to make BUKO FRUIT SALAD (Filipino dessert)
- How to bake CASSAVA CAKE (Filipino dessert)
- How to cook GINATAANG BILO-BILO (Rice Balls with Coconut Milk)
- How to make HALO-HALO (Filipino cold dessert mix)
- How to cook LECHE FLAN (Philippine version)
- ADOBONG KANGKONG (WATER SPINACH)
- ADOBONG MANOK (Filipino National Dish)
- ADOBONG PUSIT
- BEEF STEAK
- FILIPINO STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
- GINISANG AMPALAYA NA MAY ITLOG (sauteed bittermelon with egg)
- GINISANG MUNGGO (Sauteed Mung Beans)
- GINISANG UPO (Sauteed White Squash)
- KARE-KARE (Filipino dish - stew)
- MECHADO (Filipino style)
- PAKBET or PINAKBET (Ilocano dish)
- PANCIT BIHON GUISADO
- PANCIT PALABOK
- PHILIPPINE SPRING ROLLS (Lumpiang Shanghai)
- PORK BINAGOONGAN
- SINIGANG NA BANGUS (Filipino soup dish)
- SINIGANG NA HIPON
- SINIGANG NA TILAPIA (Tilapia fish sour soup)
- SPAGHETTI (Filipino Style)
ALPHABETICAL LISTING OF ALL MY BLOGS