MECHADO (Filipino style) recipe:
1 kilo beef tenderloin, cut into cubes
4 medium potatoes, quartered and fried
2 medium size red bell pepper, quartered
2 medium size onions, chopped
1 head garlic, minced
2 cups tomato sauce
2 cups soy souce
2 bay leaves
10 pcs. calamansi juice or lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook MECHADO (Filipino style)
Procedure and cooking instructions:
1. In a casserole, put the cleaned beef cubes together with chopped onions, garlic, bay leaves, ground pepper, soy sauce and
lemon or calamansi juice. Stir then cover the casserole and marinate for atleast five hours or put in a fridge overnight.
2. After marinating, cook over medium fire, stir ocaasionally and simmer for atleast 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
3. After an hour of cooking meat, add the tomato sauce and let it simmer again for an hour and season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
4. While cooking the meat, in a skillet heat oil and fry the potatoes until light brown then set aside.
5. When meat is tender and the sauce is getting thick, add in fried potatoes, red bell pepper and simmer for another 30 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and put in a serving plate. Serve hot with plain rice.
- How to cook ARROZ CALDO (Broth/Soup Rice)
- How to make BUKO FRUIT SALAD (Filipino dessert)
- How to bake CASSAVA CAKE (Filipino dessert)
- How to cook GINATAANG BILO-BILO (Rice Balls with Coconut Milk)
- How to make HALO-HALO (Filipino cold dessert mix)
- How to cook LECHE FLAN (Philippine version)
- ADOBONG KANGKONG (WATER SPINACH)
- ADOBONG MANOK (Filipino National Dish)
- ADOBONG PUSIT
- BEEF STEAK
- FILIPINO STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
- GINISANG AMPALAYA NA MAY ITLOG (sauteed bittermelon with egg)
- GINISANG MUNGGO (Sauteed Mung Beans)
- GINISANG UPO (Sauteed White Squash)
- KARE-KARE (Filipino dish - stew)
- MECHADO (Filipino style)
- PAKBET or PINAKBET (Ilocano dish)
- PANCIT BIHON GUISADO
- PANCIT PALABOK
- PHILIPPINE SPRING ROLLS (Lumpiang Shanghai)
- PORK BINAGOONGAN
- SINIGANG NA BANGUS (Filipino soup dish)
- SINIGANG NA HIPON
- SINIGANG NA TILAPIA (Tilapia fish sour soup)
- SPAGHETTI (Filipino Style)
ALPHABETICAL LISTING OF ALL MY BLOGS