Pancit recipe: (Bihon guisado)
1 kilo pancit bihon noodle
1 big size chicken breast, boiled and shredded (set aside 5 cups chicken broth)
1 cup shrimp, peeled
1 medium size, carrots, sliced into strips
1 medium size red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 stalk celery, sliced diagonally
2 cups cabbage, sliced into strips
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
5 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsps. oyster sauce
2 lemon, sliced
3 tbsps. cooking oil
a bundle of spring onion/scallions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
How to cook Pancit:
Procedure and cooking instructions:
1. Put cooking oil in a large pan or wok. Sautee garlic, onion, chicken and shrimp.
2. Add in the carrots, celery, cabbage and red bell pepper. Season with pepper and oyster sauce then set aside.
3. In the same pan, put the chicken broth then simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. When boiling add in the pancit bihon ( Don't soak the bihon noodle in water because it become soggy when cooked).
5. Add more broth when needed to soften the noodle.
6. When the noodle is almost soft, mix now the vegetables in noodle.
7. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste then remove from heat.
8. Put now the pancit in a platter and sprinkle the spring onion/scallion on top.
9. Serve hot with sliced lemon.
- How to cook ARROZ CALDO (Broth/Soup Rice)
- How to make BUKO FRUIT SALAD (Filipino dessert)
- How to bake CASSAVA CAKE (Filipino dessert)
- How to cook GINATAANG BILO-BILO (Rice Balls with Coconut Milk)
- How to make HALO-HALO (Filipino cold dessert mix)
- How to cook LECHE FLAN (Philippine version)
- ADOBONG KANGKONG (WATER SPINACH)
- ADOBONG MANOK (Filipino National Dish)
- ADOBONG PUSIT
- BEEF STEAK
- FILIPINO STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
- GINISANG AMPALAYA NA MAY ITLOG (sauteed bittermelon with egg)
- GINISANG MUNGGO (Sauteed Mung Beans)
- GINISANG UPO (Sauteed White Squash)
- KARE-KARE (Filipino dish - stew)
- MECHADO (Filipino style)
- PAKBET or PINAKBET (Ilocano dish)
- PANCIT BIHON GUISADO
- PANCIT PALABOK
- PHILIPPINE SPRING ROLLS (Lumpiang Shanghai)
- PORK BINAGOONGAN
- SINIGANG NA BANGUS (Filipino soup dish)
- SINIGANG NA HIPON
- SINIGANG NA TILAPIA (Tilapia fish sour soup)
- SPAGHETTI (Filipino Style)
ALPHABETICAL LISTING OF ALL MY BLOGS