This Pinoy dish is reddish in color after cooking with the bagoong alamang and salty, hence the name.
PORK BINAGOONGAN recipe
1 lb. pork belly, sliced into big cubes
1/2 cup bagoong alamang
1 large ripe tomato, sliced
1 red bird's eye chili, chopped (optional)
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup vinegar
3-4 cups water
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
How to cook PORK BINAGOONGAN
Procedure and cooking instructions:
1. In a pan, boil first the sliced meat until tender, add more water if needed to tenderized the meat.
2. When water is gone and meat is tender let the meat fry using its own oil until brown color then set aside. Be careful when turning the meat especially the fatty part, the oil might splash on you.
3. In the same pan, remove excess oil from meat just leave only a teaspoon then saute garlic, onion, tomato and bagoong alamang. Stir fry for at least 3-5 minutes til tomato is wilted and alamang is sauteed.
4. Add the fried meat, pepper and add vinegar, siling labuyo and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Taste it and add seasoning according to your preference. If too salty add a little sugar to balance the taste.
5. Remove from heat and put in a serving plate. Serve with plain rice. grilled fish and sliced unripe mango as side dish.
- How to cook ARROZ CALDO (Broth/Soup Rice)
- How to make BUKO FRUIT SALAD (Filipino dessert)
- How to bake CASSAVA CAKE (Filipino dessert)
- How to cook GINATAANG BILO-BILO (Rice Balls with Coconut Milk)
- How to make HALO-HALO (Filipino cold dessert mix)
- How to cook LECHE FLAN (Philippine version)
- ADOBONG KANGKONG (WATER SPINACH)
- ADOBONG MANOK (Filipino National Dish)
- ADOBONG PUSIT
- BEEF STEAK
- FILIPINO STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
- GINISANG AMPALAYA NA MAY ITLOG (sauteed bittermelon with egg)
- GINISANG MUNGGO (Sauteed Mung Beans)
- GINISANG UPO (Sauteed White Squash)
- KARE-KARE (Filipino dish - stew)
- MECHADO (Filipino style)
- PAKBET or PINAKBET (Ilocano dish)
- PANCIT BIHON GUISADO
- PANCIT PALABOK
- PHILIPPINE SPRING ROLLS (Lumpiang Shanghai)
- PORK BINAGOONGAN
- SINIGANG NA BANGUS (Filipino soup dish)
- SINIGANG NA HIPON
- SINIGANG NA TILAPIA (Tilapia fish sour soup)
- SPAGHETTI (Filipino Style)
ALPHABETICAL LISTING OF ALL MY BLOGS